On the example of Arduino Uno Rev3
The start of the module, Arudino is to download the software, connect the module to the computer using USB cable and install the drivers. The individual steps are described below.
In order to use something that gives your Arduino project you need to download free environmental versions are available for different operating systems:
After downloading the appropriate version, install it in the operating system. In the case of the installation file for Windows, simply double-click to launch the installation wizard.
To connect the module to the computer you need an appropriate USB cable:
Arduino Uno, Mega, Leonardo does not require external power. Can be used directly from the USB bus. However, it should be borne in mind that the maximum performance maximum USB output current is 500mA. This is enough to power several LEDs, integrated circuits (e.g., temperature sensor) or a popular 16x2 LCD display.
After connecting Arduino to Windows 7, and Windows 8 / 8.1 need to install the drivers automatically. However, if the installation fails, follow the guide below.
1. Plug-in plate, using the dedicated USB cable.
2. Click "start Menu" enter in "Control Panel". Select System and Security. In the menu System , click Device Manager.
3. The Arduino will appear as unknown device or Arduino menus communication Ports. Click the right mouse button and select: Update driver software..
Select the item" Browse my computer for software...
4. We give the path to the folder drivers in the folder where you installed the Arduino IDE.
An example of the path of the Windows drivers.
5. The system will ask for confirmation of the installation (in the absence of a digital signature), the installation should proceed.
6. If all steps have been performed correctly, then the installation should be completed successfully. We can run the application (file arduino.exe).
The file that triggers the Arduino environment.
If the driver is not installed automatically, you must select it manually. To do this, click the button:
then select from the menu to first select " Ports (COM & LPT), then select the Arduino Uno.
You should also disable the auto-lock digital signature unsigned driver for some versions. A guide on how to do it is on this site.
The installation "step by step" can be found at this address.
To test the connection we can load one of the sample programs. For example, a flashing led - BlinkWithoutDelay (figure below).
A selection of exemplary program BlinkWithoutDelay in środwisku Arduino.
Since the Arduino Uno default flashing diode to have confidence in the validity of the connection, we can change the frequency of flashes. Model the value of a variable intreval with 1000, for example, 100. After re-downloading the program the led should blink faster (figure below).
A snippet of Arduino code that contains a variable interval, which defines the flashing period of the led (time enter in milliseconds).