Information on the safe use, handling and storage of Lithium-Polymer batteries
Information on safe operation,
maintenance and storage of Lithium polymer
Information on safe operation, maintenance and storage of Lithium polymer
Thank you for your purchase of battery Li-polymer in our store.
Caring about the safety of the use and care proper use of the potential of the package, we sincerely ask you to read this user manual.
Battery that they are holding in your hand, made on purpose for modeling a portable power source used to power models with remote control. Must be paired with an appropriate controller (capable of processing voltage and current generated by the battery) as the motor (which in accordance with its specification rubber, do not require voltage greater than the battery).
The performance of the current LiPo battery can be determined through multiplication of the index "C" for the capacity of the battery is indicated in Ah.
For example: the Battery is 2200 mAh battery (2,2 Ah), 11.1 V 30C
Calculation of performance and load of 2.2 Ah x 30C = 66A
You must make sure that the engine is operating in the model does not charge currents higher than approx. 60 (max. 66 A,) because otherwise this can lead to overloading the battery.
The battery consists of one or several interconnected goal (links).
The voltage range of one link is in the values of 2.75 V to 4.20 V
Security reasons, it is recommended not discharge the battery lower to 3.00 V per cell.
The voltage recommended for long-term storage batteries 3.7 V - 3.8 V per cell.
The user manual
Before you begin, be sure to read this manual. Incorrect use of Li-polymer can lead to permanently damage or is likely to impact negatively on the volume and properties of the current battery. Manufacturer and distributor assume no liability for accidents caused by improper use of the package.
If you are not sure what to do with the battery or doubt in the matter, to refuse to work with the battery, consult the dealer.
- The battery is pre-charged to 50% capacity. However, it is recommended to conduct a complete cycle of discharge and full charge battery before first use, preferably with professional charger microprocessor.
- For reasons of safety and concern for the quality of the sold product, lithium-polymer has been tested for proper operation prior to delivery to the customer, as evidenced by a sticker lamp with the date. The same action is performed to eliminate any possibility of sale of the package with the disadvantage of the factory (defects factory battery LiPol show immediately after the activation of the package, that is already during their first use). This ensures that the selling package contains defects, and its correct operation was confirmed by a test.
- Any symptoms of a damaged package (deformation, excessive heating, leakage and even fire or explosion) that occur during storage, loading, unloading or work package will be the result of either damage to the package or its misuse - this follows directly from the specification chemical packs, Li-Pol, revealing the defect immediately, and immediately after the occurrence of its causes.
- Operating conditions battery:
- charging time: 0 °C to 45 °C
- discharge time: -20 °C to 60 °C
- during storage over 30 days: 5 °C to 50 °C (with up to 50 %)
- Properly stored and used pack Li-Polymer battery is fully safe for the user. Potential risks (changing the shape of the package, electrolyte leakage, and in extreme cases even resulting in fire or explosion), can be the consequences only of user error, or cooperate with the faulty device (faulty charger, faulty regulator, etc.), which derives directly from the specifications of the physical and chemical packs, Li-Pol. It is very important the strict observance of the rules of use and warnings given in this manual.
- One of the common symptoms of inappropriate behavior with the LiPo pack is its deformation objawiająca "spuchnięciem", that is a significant increase in the volume of the package. The package in this form must be qualified as permanently damaged and definitely transferred for disposal. Absolutely do not attempt to reuse or regeneration of the deformed package, as this would have serious consequences, threatening the health of the user.
- Damaged or worn packs lithium-polymer, it is necessary to neutralize chemically, by placing them at approx. 24 hours in a solution of salted water, completely immersing (along with cables). After neutralization, the package must pass to a point of disposal point for used batteries or the shop where the battery was purchased.
- Charger will never be able l to the battery and its full capacity. Władowana charger the amount of energy (measured in mAh) will always be slightly lower than the battery capacity specified on the packaging/label. This is due to the fact that the battery collected a certain amount of energy, which cannot be removed (enclosed in the range from 0 to 2.75 V). As the battery should never be discharged below 2,75 V/cell - the number accumulated therein in the energy range inaccessible to the user.
- It is not recommended to change or disable the battery. This leads to irreversible damage to the battery or can cause dangerous health effects (ignition, explosion)
- Do not short-circuit between the two battery terminals (+) and (-).
- Withthe indication of capacity should be aware of proper connecting terminals (+) and ( - ) according to their function: wire positive polarity (red "+") should connect to the positive port in the device or the charger (also marked with a " + " symbol). The black wire (negative polarity) must be connected to the negative port in the battery charger (shown with the symbol "-").
- Avoid contact of the battery with water or other liquids in any form. Wet the surface of the cables may cause inaccurate charging/discharging, and the links upon prolonged contact with water can lead to damage or change the properties.
- Li-polymer battery is very sensitive to mechanical damage. Therefore, you should take special efforts to properly secure the package, both during storage and during use. Do not drop, pierce or throw, do not expose to strong impact, puncture, crush, or hard objects or stand on the foot pack. Mechanical damage to the battery in almost any case lead to irreversible damage to the package and pocket, potentially dangerous side effects. Do not transport or store package surrounded by sharp, especially metal objects, such as knives, hair barrettes or pens. This may cause a short circuit between the two poles of a package, which leads to irreversible damage of the package.
- Do not throw batteries into fire, do not heat, do not expose to very high or very low temperature.
- You should not use set for other purposes than those described in the instructions. The misuse will lead to immediate loss of the warranty and likely damage or adverse change package settings.
- Do not mix lithium batteries, to work in one system with batteries, Li-Pol, another size, another manufacturer, another voltage, or batteries of different type like NiCD or NiMH.
- In the model, the battery should be located as far as possible from nagrzewającego motor or speed controller.
Charging and discharging:
- For charging and discharging LiPo batteries always use a proper, good quality charger is designed for charging lithium polymer. Marriage, or obtained from an unknown source of the charger can lead to a change in the electrical properties of the package, or even in extreme cases, permanently damage them. Assistance in the selection of the charger contact the seller. You should always very carefully read and follow the instruction manual of the charger used.
- Andadowany the battery needs to be placed on the design of non-combustible, resistant to heat and electricity nieprzewodzącym material. You should also remove the nearest destinations package any combustible materials such as paper or leaves. Charging the battery should ALWAYS be under direct adult supervision. Do not leave the loaded battery unattended in the presence of children or persons not familiar with the rules for the treatment of lithium-polymer.
- Do not charge and do not discharge the battery in a place where it is exposed to high temperatures, for example, under the windshield, on the air during strong sun exposure or near heating equipment.
- Do not overload Li-polymer above the value of 4.2 V per cell. Settings the battery charger is charging above this value the risk of irreversible damage to the package.
- You should not discharge the battery below the so-called "lower threshold", i.e. 2,75 V per cell. Below this value, the battery will be permanently damaged. To avoid this situation, you should always use good quality, healthy controls and never leave the battery connected (closed circuit) to the controller or charger for a long time (e.g. several hours) at the time when it is inactive (does not go charging, discharging, or work with the regulator). The best way to avoid this situation, always disconnect the pack when not in use (when finished charging, discharging or the package is not currently in the model). After draining the battery in the model, it is recommended that podładowanie in the mode STORAGE to minutes. The 3.7 V per cell - so kept the battery will retain its properties and will not be subject to the loss of voltage caused by environmental factors. Long-term storage of a fully discharged battery it is very disadvantageous and may lead to loss of properties of the current, or even bezpowrotnym damage.
- At the time when the charger will signal the end of the charging process, immediately unplug it from the charger. Do not leave it connected to the charger even when the charging process is completed. Fully charged battery Li-Pol should be immediately installed in the model for the use of accumulated energy in it. Long-term storage fully charged battery it is very disadvantageous and may lead to loss of properties of the current, or even bezpowrotnym damage.
- To maintain uniform tension single target package at least once in every three charging it is recommended to use the balancer parts for equalizing stresses in the package. Maintaining uniform tension on each target package is very important - positive effect on the service life of the package and its capabilities current.
- Do not connect the battery directly to the power outlet AC 230 V outlet or car cigarette lighter 12V - this can cause severe short and, consequently, irreversible damage to the package.
- Do not store the battery in a place where it is exposed to high temperatures, for example, under the windshield, on the air during strong sun exposure or near heating equipment. Do not keep the battery near microwave ovens, heating ovens, radiators, stoves, gas and other sources of heat or radiation.
- The battery should be stored and used away from the reach of children. Also during operation/charge/discharge should ensure that outsiders will not have the possibility of contact with the battery.
- If the user is not going to use pack Li-Pol over a long period of time (2 weeks or more), make sure it contains 50 to 75 % of stored energy. Every unused package, you need to check prądowo and do a full charge cycle at least once in 6 months. A charger microprocessor has a built-in program "Storage", which óaduje battery for this level of stored energy (typically in the order. 3,7-3,8 V /camera) that it can be stored up to 6 months without use. After 6 months, it is recommended to periodically check the battery level and podładowanie it again in Storage mode, if necessary.
- Li-polymer battery is not a toy and its maintenance requires knowledge of the rules of operation outlined in this manual. Not recommended the battery minors without direct adult supervision zaznajomionej with the rules of operation of the battery.
- In the case if it came to a contact that is included in the battery electrolyte into eyes, immediately rinse them with clean water and consult a doctor. If contact with skin or clothing should also be washed with plenty of clean water - otherwise it can lead to local discoloration.
- In case of detection or smell burning, changing color/shape of the battery, deformation or excessive heating or any other signs that may cause doubt, immediately discontinue use of the battery and to consult with store employees modeling lab, where he purchased the battery. The package is damaged or deformed have been redesigned.
- If the battery out of a liquid electrolyte or a strong smell of burning, immediately to protect the battery and push it from any flammable materials.